Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

• CommentAuthorUmfw
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012

http://i1.wp.com/www.weareskitzo.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/skeleton1.jpg?resize=500%2C397

Admitting that we are kind of high on our Mixtape Mondays line-up, announcing DJ Donna Summers mix for us is awesome! The Nightshifters Label boss does have many other sides, than only making club rave basslines and breakcore. Under his real name Jason Forrest, he makes experimental punk, if that is possible to say? anyhow, try watch this video for his War Photographer track. Pretty awesome. When it comes to his mix for Mixtape Mondays, its a schizophrenic mixture of wasted experimental stuff and club music. It fits sooo well for us.

Like I.D., Jason Forrest have written a really great comment for the mix. It’s easy to read, that this elder dude got a lot of background knowledge. The mix is 42min, which is a bit longer than its suppose to be, but fuck it! It’s awesome!

I’ve been feeling quite literate lately and have been wanting to get off the footpath a bit of late, so while there’s def some good club tunes in this mix, be warned it gets pretty arty. And why not? Sure there are mixes that are made for pre/post parties, dancing with friends and what not, but mostly I suspect people listen to them on their iPods while walking around or at a pretty quiet volume while they work. It’s a journey after all and maybe I have some story to tell.

As for the mix, it’s a bit of old and new with just a pinch of the random. It starts off with a collage of 3 tracks, 2 of them from the Sonic Youth side project Ciccone Youth and with a forthcoming new track on Nightshifters of one of our newest signings, Talk. From there it goes to a remix I made for Hostage, a great afro-pop influenced track by Débruit, and another young act, NuJax, but then I get tricky throwing in a vintage Autchre track into an absolutely bizarre Christian Martin track- Ghosts. The rave shows back up with Magnum, a pretty sped up Nero-funk track by Mux Mool, a little touch of an old Dat Politics track then pretty much the entire “Revolting Jocks” track by the JOTS boys. Killer. From there we go back to 1990 and the always awesome “Hello Teenage America” from Meat Beat Manifesto’s incredible album 99%. We finish things off with another brand new producer, Distal from Atlanta, a touch of a freaked-out Morricone composition and then cap it off with the full version of “Tocatta” from Oslo’s Jaga Jazzist – a track that I always get lost in and also equally as inspired. – Jason Forrest aka DJ Donna Summer

Mixtape Mondays V.24 with DJ Donna Summer

Tracklist :

01. Ciccone Youth – Me & Jill , Hendrix Cosby
    02. Ciccone Youth – Macbeth II
    03. Talk – Finland
    04. Hostage – Roll (DJ Donna Summer remix)
    05. Débruit – Nigeria What
    06. Dooze Jackers – We Love Moogie (Nujax Remix)
    07. Autechre – Arch Carrier
    08. Christian Martin – Ghosts
    09. Magnum – Rump, Inc.
    10. Mux Mool – Hog Knuckles
    11. Dat Politics – 03 (Untitled) from “Villager”
    12. Jokers Of the Scene – “Revolting Joks”
    13. Meat Beat Manifesto – Hello Teenage America
    14. Distal – Off With His Head
    15. Ennio Morricone – Astrazione Von Ritmo
    16. Jaga Jazzist – Toccata