Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthormbertier
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013

Je suis en train d'écouter cette compilation qui traînait dans un coin de mon disque dur depuis un petit moment et je suis fan !

So let's get boogie to a collection of the greatest dance "hits" of what has been called the "No Wave" era of NYC music. Late '70s/early '80s downtown Manhattan was bursting with alt-classical composers, free jazz, New Wave, performance art and, most notoriously, noise bands. Apart from downtown, hip-hop was getting started in the South Bronx and Queens and house music was growing. All of which would coalesce into the punk-funk (aka mutant disco) of the bands presented here. Never has "dance" music been so dark, noisy, and experimental. Unlike the earlier sexy funk of James Brown et al, this stuff is uptight, tense, full of punk's nervous energy. And if the disco they were playing uptown at Studio 54 was slick and glamorous, this music was low-budget, as dirty as a SoHo street corner.

http://musicformaniacs.blogspot.fr/2012/11/down-by-law-nyc-punkfunk-78-84.html

1. Fab Five Freddy "Down By Law"
    2. Liquid Liquid "Cavern" (Perhaps the biggest "hit" song of this genre, and, yep, where Melle Mel got the music for "White Lines")
    3. ESG "Moody" (oft, and I'm talking oft sampled band of three sisters/sistahs)
    4. The Del-Byzanteens "My Hands Are Yellow (From The Job That I Do)" (History remembers this band for featuring future filmmaker Jim Jarmusch, but they actually were pretty cool.)
    5. The Bush Tetras "You Can't Be Funky"
    6. Lizzy Mercier Descloux "Wawa"
    7. Dog Eat Dog "Rollover"
    8. Cristina "What's A Girl To Do"
    9. Kid Creole & The Coconuts "There But For The Grace of God Go I"
    10. Konk "Elephant" (Speaking of Jim Jarmusch, Richard Edson from this band would act in Jarmusch's film "Stranger Than Paradise," co-starring another downtown scenester, John Lurie of jazzers The Lounge Lizards)
    11. The Work "Nearly Empty"
    12. Pulsallama "The Devil Lives In My Husband's Body" (This very large all-girl band featured future actress and Bongwater member Ann Magnuson)
    13. Material "Square Dance" (featuring future producer-to-the-stars Bill Laswell)
    14. The Dance "Do Dada"
    15. James White & The Blacks "Almost Black 1" (Some of James White/Black/Chance's band quit to form Defunkt)
    16. Defunkt "Blues"
    17. Ike Yard "Cherish 8"
    18. 8 Eyed Spy "Motor Oil Shanty" (singer, in the loosest sense of the word, Lydia Lunch was previously in notorious noise band Teenage Jesus and The Jerks)
    19. Loose Joints "Pop Your Funk" (featuring '80s NY avant-disco mastermind Athur Russell)
    20. Suicide "I Remember"

•  
      CommentAuthorNils Gasp
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013

Merciiiiiiii!

1.  permalink

Grand Merci!
    Tu viens de m'arracher de la grisaille!
    :pin-marin.gif: :pin-sun.gif: :pin-shine.gif:

•  
      CommentAuthorBigPinkPig
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013 edited