Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthorGumbi
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013

Bonjour les amis,

voici aujourd'hui le mix de Dollboy sur Words On Tracks, il est tout pétillant et plein de guitares qui paradent, je vous le conseille sérieusement!

http://www.mixcloud.com/blueforbirds/words-on-tracks-40-feat-dollboy/

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1503930_246648705502764_512378008_n.jpg

Voici sa playlist et ses commentaires :

0.00 Wizards part 4 - JD Emmanuel

This is from an LP issued a few years ago and had only been available previously as a cassette from Mr Emmanuel himself or so I am lead to believe. It instantly grabbed me and slotted right into the stuff I was listening to at the time, a lot of 70s German electronic stuff. But this guy is an American in a Hawaiian shirt and a bush hat and somewhat new age. This is his Bob Beamon record in that, for me, none of his other work comes close to this. It has its own thying going on and doesn't seem to be new age at all - more plastic space autobahn age. Monotonous, repetetive, lazy and urgent all at the same time.

8.50 Maryan - Robert Wyatt

I had to include Robert Wyatt and choosing just one is almost impossible. His music has an otherness that defies description. It sounds simple but rarely really is. No one sings like that, no one. It has such frail humanity in it though he never seems to put a foot wrong. He can sound like he's straining and struggling yet his pitching on sometimes really tough melodies is always crystal sharp. And he has the ability to use non-rock words like "turds" in a poetic way. On Maryan he uses a mode that has informed a huge amount of my own songwriting (sometimes to the degree of plagiarism perhaps). It has been pointed out to me on accasion!

14.45 John Taylors Month Away - King Creosote & John Hopkins

I came to this album two years after everyone else on a recomendation from friends. It took a few goes before it went in but once it had it was in for good. As a songwriter I find myself jealous of its restraint and delicate poise. At no point does it ever demand attention though this is not background music. The songs are just perfect and the production is powerful though you hardly notice it happening. This is a lesson or maybe just a great record. One day I will make a record as good as this!

21.27 kourouma - Angèle Davide-Gillou

Angele (Klima, Piano Magic) on her own at the piano. This song makes me go cold. It feels like European folk music from some armed resistance that can never be forgotten. A campfire, beaten but unbowed rebels singing their folklore into the night. I saw her preform this and the room was silent.

25.20 Art Decade - David Bowie

I've been a Bowie fan for as long as I've been anything else. Art Decade is the one I come back to again and again. I'm easily seduced by the notion of Wiemar decadence and I feel sure that his use of the word "decade" is a shortand for it. The piece certainly oozes all that in the most elegantly debauched way like a champagne and coke addled heiress in a torn silk dress. This is another tune I have attempted to steal on numerous occasions. To date no one has spotted this. I don't know if this is a mark of success or failure.

28.58 Javelin Unlanding - Bill Calaghan

I wish I could sing like Bill Callahan! It sounds effortless and unlike anyone else. Always look forward to a new BC record and this one is no dissapointment. If I ever find myself over-emoting on mike I attempt to channel Bill Callahan. It usually sorts me out. I still don't sound like him though!

32.27 Slow Down - Crayola Lecturn

A kind of post decadence, somewhat theatrical record with so much melody that it feels like it's leaking out at the sides. It exudes a kind of weary, melancholic exuberance and is darkly funny too. I believe there are Cardiacs connections which makes sense. This reminds of Time from Bowie's Alladin Sane but without the fur coat trailing on the floor. There's a great video too.

36.25 I Can Feel The Heat - Karen Novotny X

This is my favourite synth record in a long time, the best since the Wizards reissue. It is the sound of men or women struggling with machines. They whirr and grate and grind and hiss and sputter their rhythms while their opertaors are barely able to control the dials and faders. It exudes a terrible beauty like the great golden automaton of Metropolis and I'm convinced would make the best of all possible soundtracks to Fritz Lang's classic. The sound of Donna Summer's gristle throbbing in the underworld.

39.59 Black Horse - Lisa Knapp

People had been waiting a long time to hear more from Lisa and when it came it didn't disappoint. With one foot firmly in tradition and the other striding out onto a road of her own choosing, this is music between the lines. Her voice is just astonishing, somewhere between crystal glass and sinewy crazyness and is unique and instantly recognisable as no one else. What more could you want as an artist than your ownm inimitable stamp? The whole album is brilliant but this track, The Black Horse exemplifies her position and approach to perfection. A Lal Waterson tune made her own in the most rousing and compelling way. Another I wish I'd made.

43.20 Rowan - Sharron Kraus

There's a huge amount of notionally "psychogeographic" music around these days and a good deal of it strikes me as being little more than pretty pieces parachuted onto a concept with no meaning beyond their titles. Sharron's recent record on Second Language utterly bucks this trend by being astonishingly evocative of the place in mid-Wales it celebrates. I've been there and the whole album sounds as if it was wrought straight from the rain soaked hills and crags where it was written and recorded. It seems to summon a dark magic from its primordial beauty and I was jealous of her achievement the moment I first heard it. Magnificent.

47.00 Bahn Odyssey - Me And You And Popul Vuh

This is from a Record Store Day limited 10" from this year. A record that could have been recorded in 1978 but wasn't. I'm just a sucker for a phaser and it's deployed to perfection here. It's the soundtrack to a pan-European train journey that I have yet to make. If I take this with me then I will surely buy an old synthesizer when I get there.

52.01 When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease - Roy Harper

There's not much you can say about this song that hasn't been said many, many times already. The combination of things English is precious and irresistable and manages, somehow to avoid being cloying or twee in any way. Always a sucker for a brass band playing majestically (I'm an ex-2nd trombone myself) here, when it arrives it lifts you like Nimrod at The Cenotaph and you end this tune believing that as long as there's cricket, warm beer abd brass bands then it's ok to return heroically to the pavillion.

http://www.dollboy.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE3wsK6gy5k

Bonne écoute!

et n'oubliez pas non plus les mixes précédents de Silencio

http://www.mixcloud.com/blueforbirds/words-on-tracks-39-feat-silencio/

et d'aAirial

http://www.mixcloud.com/blueforbirds/words-on-tracks-38-feat-aairial/

Boujoux. :pin01.gif: