Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthorGumbi
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1509694_278115919022709_115457393_n.jpg

01 – Rykard – Out of the Orchid Way

This is taken from the album ‘Arrive The Radio Beacon’ which is an absolutely beautiful collection of deep and mysterious melodic IDM and has been one of my favourites since I first heard it (through a recommendation on twitter, for which I am very grateful!). This track in particular is amazing. The title of the album inspired a track title on my most recent album.

02 – Wisp – Congratulations

Vastly impressive, as is most of Wisp’s material, from a technical as well as an emotional perspective, and from my favourite album of his, Nthndr, which is one of the most coherent albums that I have heard. This track in particular is on here because of one particularly stunning moment that happens at 5.57 on this mix.

03 – Obfusc – Sounds from Shattered Seashells

Obfusc released ‘Cities of Cedar’ a few years ago on the Boltfish label (I have listened to quite a bit of their output over the years). He has a really distinctive and deceptively simple style of electronica.

04 – Japanese Seizure Robots / PNFA – Crushed by Velvet

When I first put my own music up on the internet I was a member of quite a few music forums, most of which sadly don’t exist any more. ‘Funender’ in particular was a very inspiring forum to be part of, due to a diverse group of musicians and producers who provided a lot of encouraging and constructive feedback. Japanese Seizure Robots was one of the best artists who I discovered on that forum and this is a great example of his style of deep, wistfully emotional electronica. This track is a stunning collaboration with the German electronica artist PNFA (who is still very active) - his poised electronics and clean production were another inspiration for me and I still listen to some of his albums regularly.

05 – Zeropage – Void Sensor

Zeropage are another discovery I made through a music forum. They are two experienced Swiss producers, and their album ‘Ambient Pills’ is, in my opinion, a little-known classic. It’s not really ambient in my opinion; one of the best things about these tracks is the driving momentum. Also the classic sounds, fantastic melodies and spot-on production. Another album I listen to on a regular basis. I’m very lucky that two artists on this mix, Zeropage and Rykard, have both remixed Northcape tracks in the past.

06 – Engineers – Nature’s Editing

One of my all-time favourite tracks, from neo-shoegaze band Engineers. I can quite easily listen to this multiple times on repeat. Although this track is obviously vocal-driven, I think that aspects of this sound (and the bass in particular) have probably influenced my own music. I love the serious, widescreen mood and I have an ongoing obsession with their early EP ‘Folly’, partly due to this track. I also wanted to show, with this track at least, that I don’t only listen to instrumental electronica! I found it very hard to reduce the number of tracks for this mix to a manageable number, and the final decision often came down to which tracks I thought sounded best in the mix.

07 – Parks – Days

I’ve tried to focus on some lesser-known artists on this mix that I think really deserve to be heard more, and I think that Parks falls into that category. His albums ‘Hidden’ and ‘Umber’ in particular have an amazingly beautiful minimalist melancholy to them. This ability to create emotion and recall memory through electronics is something I always aspire to.

08 – Pye Corner Audio – Theme Number Four

Pye Corner Audio is a relatively recent discovery, this is brilliant and mysterious electronica with a deeply analogue and organic sound that I loved as soon as I first heard it and I think is influencing how I approach my own music.

09 – Miori – Departure

From another album that deserves to be heard more, released on the Nueva Forma label. This is a great example of evocative melodic electronica.

10 – Saul Stokes – Future Gamma

It’s probably unsurprising that I’m a fan of Ulrich Schnauss, who is one of the artists who I have deliberately left out of this mix, as his music will probably be familiar to most people. Saul Stokes has a similar feel in places, but his approach to electronica is definitely both more complex and more experimental. He is quite prolific and I don’t think I’ve heard all of his albums, but what I have heard is brilliant stuff.

11 – Arovane – Scaabl

I wanted to include Arovane on this mix as he is definitely one of my musical heroes, in common with a few other artists on this mix he has an ability to create deceptively simple, powerful melodies that is extremely difficult to emulate. His albums ‘Tides’ and ‘Lilies’ are among my favourite electronic music, but I wanted to include something more recent, probably my favourite track from his new album ‘Ve Palor’ which I think is more abstract than some of his previous material, but undeniably impressive.

12 – Loscil – Endless Falls

Loscil is one of the ambient artists that I listen to most; I’m a big fan of the beautifully focussed textures in his work. I love the strings on this track.

13 – Motionfield – Indian Summer

This is taken from the album ‘Endless Summer’ which I think is a great example of the power of choosing the right sounds and keeping things simple. Amazingly evocative of the title, best listened to outside, in warm sunshine.

:pin01.gif:

http://incongru.org/~gumbi/WordsOnTracks/WordsOnTracks_51/Northcape-Words_On_Tracks.mp3