Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthorGumbi
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1505074_283201678514133_555563741_n.jpg

Playlist / Words :

1.A Child's Garden Of Grass "The History Of Marijuana"
    A cult stoner comedy record from the 70’s. This almost never leaves my record box, especially when playing ambient parties. Chock full of great comedy samples and sound fx. This record stands the test of time and has great artwork. I always buy a copy when I see it. It's been plundered to death,but I love it. MEDITATION!

2.Tontos Expanding Head Band "Riversong" 
    This is my favorite track from Robert Margouleff and Malcolm Cecil. A moody psychedelic piece that is great for early morning chill-out sets. These guys were  cutting edge ,and their weird sounds made it into the consciousness of the mainstream(via Stevie Wonder). With their analog instrument T.O.N.T.O. (the original new timbral orchestra) they would change the face of music forever. The synth can be seen in the Brian De Palma movie “Phantom of the Paradise”. DIG IT (1:10)

3.Alice Coltrane "Journey In Satchidananda"
    I think this was my first introduction to "spiritual" jazz and probably my favorite. A beautiful track , I was hooked from the sound of that first bass note, but when that harp comes in DIVINITY.(5:00)

4.Steve Roach "Reflections In Suspension"
    One of my favorite beatless ambient albums. A true work of art, and a piece I come back to over and over. Steve Roach has a lot of great ambient records, but this one is my favorite. The genius is in the simplicity.  Great for rainy days and Sundays. BLISS OUT (10:22)

5.KLF/The Orb "Space"
    Where would I be without the KLF? The KLF along with The Orb are two very important sample based bands to come out of the uk's electronic music scene. Their work has helped shape me as an artist and a dj. A few months ago I was lucky enough to open for "The Orb" on their recent tour in San Francisco. At the show Alex Paterson gave me a cd of The KLF "Space" album,but with "The Orb"samples(that were removed for the official KLF "Space" release)still in it. It was such a nice gift and surprise.The original release always sounded a bit incomplete to me, so it was nice to finally get to hear it as it was originally intended.The circle was now complete.MUMU! (14:00)

6.Horacio Jorge Beca "Poema Por La Noche"
    An argentine poetry record I picked up at a thrift store. My father is from Argentina, so I had to buy this. Spoken word lp’s sound great in Spanish. Have never seen this record anywhere again. PHENOMENO(19:04)

7.Harold Budd "The Wanderer"
    One of the first “ambient” records I had ever heard. This was in my oldest brothers cd collection. I’d often pick out music from his collection and mix them on an old radio shack mixer, recorded all to tape. This track appeared in one of my earliest dj mixes.AMBIENT!(19:18)

8. Leon Thomas "The Creator Has A Master Plan"
    Love this track. It is really uplifting to me ,just a beautiful song. This leon Thomas version is my favorite.THAT YODEL!(22:45)

9.Raymond Scott "Hostess Twinkies"
    The great musician and innovator! This twinkie ad is one of the funnest of the Raymond Scott jingles .Played this at a party once, and brought boxes of twinkies to be passed out when I played it. TWINKIES!!(26:58)

10.Bruce Haack "Word Game"
    Bruce Haack is one of my favorite artists of all time. He was so under appreciated when he was alive and making music. I’m glad to see he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. He made really weird records. “The Electric Lucifer” (where this track is from) is probably the strangest of the lot. Oddly enough, it was this record that was released on a major label (thanks to his friend and manager the great Chris Kachulis). There are three records in”The Electric Lucifer” trilogy. I was lucky enough to work on the third installment in the series with my project “The Sound capsule”. All three of "The Electric Lucifer" albums can be found online.LONG LIVE HAACK(27:11)

11.Rei Harakami "Owari No Kisetsu"
    Introduced to me by the amazing Mixmaster Morris. I instantly fell in love with his music, emotive and with a very unique sound. I have never heard anything like it before.
    He passed away in 2011. RIP REI(31:00)

12. Thomas Fehlmann "Seerosengiessen"
    The amazing Thomas Fehlmann! His body of work speaks for itself. His solo work and his work with bands like "The Orb" and "Sun Electric" have all been top notch. He is a class act to boot. Fehlmann once told me that "Seerosen giessen" means LILY PADS!(34:10)

13.Vangelis "Dawn"
    Another artist my brother introduced me to. This is probably the first album I heard by Vangelis. The synth sounds that Vangelis produced are like no other, and this is no exception. Perfect for driving in a city scape.DAWN!!(38:20)

14. The Hellers "The Mist Of Time"
    Fantastico! funny voiceovers,jingles,crazy game show music, and a song about the weather in san francisco? what's not to like?
    "We live in an age where each individual is molded by a conglomeration of diversified influences causing him to strive for individuality and free expression"(from the liner notes).HELLERS!(42:15)

15.Eden Ahbez "La Mar"
    A long haired hippie in the 1940's who camped out by the Hollywood sign,wrote "Nature Boy" for Nat King Cole and made amazing exotica. EDEN!(44:48)

16.The Doors "End Of The Night"
    A seminal track in my childhood.The way you hear the track here in this mix is how the doors music is represented in my life.A kind of bench mark of experimentation. The Doors really were a pathway for me. JIM!!(47:19)

17.Dreamies "Program 10"
    A fantastic under looked homemade gem.Brilliant samples and lyrics. Way ahead of it's time. I wish there were more concept albums like this.Bill Holt is still making music and videos,check him out on youtube.BILL!!(49:34)

18.Arthur Russell "That's Us/Wild Combination"
    An amazing artist who spanned across so many genres that it's hard to believe it's all him. He seemed like such a gentle soul. There are so many great arthur russell tracks, it's hard to pick just one. But this one holds a very warm place in my heart. Listened to this on a roadtrip with my family in argentina, I'll never forget it. "we're leaving at five in the morning, we could get better mileage". LET'S GO SWIMMING ARTHUR!!(53:53)

19.The Rotary Connection "Magical World"
    "I live in a magical world" we all do, don't we? well when Minnie sings it, I want to believe it. The Charles Stepney orchestration and minis dream like voice and psychedelic lyrics makes this one of those tracks I always will come back to. A good way to close out a dj set too. Minnie!(60:49)

http://incongru.org/~gumbi/WordsOnTracks/WordsOnTracks_53/words%20on%20tracks_DF_Tram.mp3

•  
      CommentAuthormbertier
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2014

Ça a l'air top !
    :pin01.gif: