Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthormbertier
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017

Lisez-donc le texte introductif, il donne fort envie d'écouter la musique qu'il présente.

http://flashstrap.blogspot.fr/2014/07/flash-strap-presents-bibliotheque_28.html

Here we go. Volume 5. The last in this series, for the time being. The infinite nature of the library world means that I could conceivably do this whole thing again ten times over, if I had access to every library LP in existence, but for now I have done all I can. And I'm very excited about this temporarily-terminal installment, as it's the biggest yet, a seething, pulsing 2 and a half hours of cosmic jungle washes and bright plastic synthi-time rituals du sauvage.

This set runs a gamut from sterling electronic avant-garde (of a sort) to some rather more crass (but awesome in its way) e-music material, but they're all part of the same continuum, all speaking the same basic language of exoticism. In this case, the gulf between the linguistic portal of the track's title and the formal elements of exoticism as evidenced by the music itself is as wide, or wider, than ever. It's a fascinating thing about synth music: if you title an ambient sequencer-driven track "Neptune," then the listener unavoidably pictures an icy celestial body, imagery on a planetary scale. If you title that same track "Jungle," then the listener conjures exotic visions of a rainforest, perhaps with a sci-fi/UFOlogical twist, or hot hazy shades of deep antiquity. Neither experience would be more or less intrinsically authentic or perceptive than the other; you're just responding to the stimulus with which you've been provided—and besides, what does exotica, of all things, have to do with fidelity to fact, tradition, or formal rules, anyway? If a track says it's exotica, then by gum it sure as hell has to be, doesn't it?

Many of the selections in Tropicosmic do lean particularly, even exclusively, hard on that paratextual tension to achieve their take on exotica. But it's a spectrum: many others go all in for overt signifiers, classic genre hallmarks, and/or formal tropes of exoticism, all while employing the synthesizer palette to transform, mutate, or update the idiom. There's all sorts here, even if nearly half of the selections employ the words "jungle" or "Africa" in their title—the most interesting thing is the variations and repetitions of strategies.

David Toop referred to Exotica (in his book, Exotica) as "fabricated soundscapes in a real world." He could scarcely have said it better, and it's as applicable a phrase now as ever. Please enjoy this panorama of the synthesized exotic universe, as I hope you have enjoyed the broader panorama of the library-exotica landscape throughout the run of Bibliothèque Exotique. I thank you for following along with me on this odyssey.

Tropicosmic: Synthesized Exotica and Electro-Primitivism

1. Kolibri (sunrise in the djungle); (Kuckuck & C. Brull Ltd.: Soundtrack)–Georg Deuter
    2. Barimpa (Montparnasse: Interfrequence)–Ariel Kalma
    3. Exotique (RCA Media: Robot Bleu)–Roland Bocquet
    4. Panama (Coloursound Library: The Now Generation (Percussive Underscores))–Peter Lüdemann & Pit Troja
    5. Brazilian Ballad (CAM: Publipot)–J.P. Decerf & M. Baroty
    6. Yapaga Cova (Disc Go: GO 1003)–J.C. Pierric ?
    7. New Tropical Safari (Montparnasse: Translation)–C. Hauterive & M. Saclays
    8. Black Safari (CAM: Out of the Way [with Gérard Zajd, Tony Cerona]; also released on Chicago 2000: Light Flight More and More [as the artist Magical Ring])–J.P. Decerf
    9. Black Power (Bota Fogo: The Easy Listening Group Vol.1)–Deschidado & Miniello
    10. Slave March (Afrodisia: Black Goddess OST)–Remi Kabaka
    11. VoodooTronics (StudioG/Trunk: G-Spots)–James Harpham
    12. African War (Cenacolo: Grandangolo)–Amadeo Tommasi
    13. African Délirium (CBS: April Orchestra Vol. 48, Présente FR2)–Francis Rimbert & Frederick Rousseau
    14. Electronic Africa (TeleMusic: Automation Vol. 2)–Sauveur Mallia
    15. African Break (TeleMusic: Percussions Modernes Vol. 1)–Sauveur Mallia
    16. Mission Africa (TeleMusic: Music Force)–Swing Family (Sauveur Mallia)
    17. Akili Mali (Palm Records: Colours)–Ralf Nowy
    18. Tribal Ceremony (Sonimage: Safari)–Jean-Michel Hervé
    19. Jungle Lovers (CAM: Construction)–Aldo Tamborrelli & Massimo Ruocco
    20. Jungle Juice (De Wolfe: Push Button)–Rubba (Karl Jenkins & Mike Ratledge)
    21. Jungle Caravan (Magicabus: Hypnosis)–Yan Tregger
    22. Jungle Command (Amphonic: Sound Stage 18- The New World)–Anne Dudley
    23. Synthetic Jungle (Sam Fox Productions: Deserted Palace)–Jean Michel Jarre
    24. Jungle (Sonimage: Fusion)–Armand Frydman
    25. Jungle (Sky: Inventions)–Adelbert Von Deyen & Dieter Schutz
    26. Inca (DeWolfe: Stretch)–Simon Park
    27. Rain-Forest (Selected Sound: Environment)–Claude Larson
    28. Arabian Era (Montparnasse: Sound)–J.P. Decerf
    29. Wizard (Montparnasse: Sound)–J.P. Decerf / M. Saclays
    30. Oasis (Montparnasse: Interfrequence)–Ariel Kalma
    31. Oasis (Cetra: Oasis)–Il Guardiano Del Faro
    32. East Looks West (a); (KPM: A Higher State)–Andy Clark
    33. Asia (RCA Media: Robot Bleu)–Roland Bocquet
    34. Far-Off Lands (Themes International: A New Age)–Rod Argent & Robert Howes
    35. Strange Paradise (Musax: Planant)–Gérard Gesina
    36. Serengeti (Sonimage: Balance)–Martin Wester & Bernhard Hering
    37. Savannah (Selected Sound: Environment)–Claude Larson
    38. La Recreation du Kangourou (Disques Magellan: Patchwork Orchestra 5- Cosmic Sounds/China Moods)–Roger Davy
    39. Ritmo Pampa (Globevision: I Grès vol. 2)–I Grès
    40. Andean's Shepherd (Sonimage: Safari)–Jean-Michel Hervé
    41. Sombrero (Montparnasse: Hypothese)–D. Labarre & F. Schnetzer
    42. Exotic Guide (TeleMusic: Spatial & Co Vol. 2)–Sauveur Mallia
    43. Tropic (Koka Media: Eureka)–Armand Frydman
    44. Tropical (PSI: Turbulences)–Joël Fajerman
    45. Atoll (Montparnasse: Hypothese)–D. Labarre & F. Schnetzer
    46. Pink Island (Selected Sound: Rainbow Sessions)–Mike Moore Company
    47. Lagon Tropical (Patchwork: Aquarius)–Pierre Dutour
    48. Hymn To A Peaceful Island (Coloursound Library: Into The Wind)–Klaus Weiss
    49. Hawaian et Fizz Guitars (CBS: April Orchestra Vol. 31 - Claviers Electroniques)–Caravelli
    50. Hawaiiana (Coloursound Library: The PR TV Group - Contemporary Group Vol. 2)–Andre Mikola
    51. Sea Holiday (Hawaii); (Forever Records: Mondial Folk Synthesizer III (Estremo Oriente-Africa))–Marcello Giombini
    52. Treasure Island (Chappell: Atmospheric - Sea/Water)–Gouriet & Phillips

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mSNjYwsvRgQ/U9KsTFycgfI/AAAAAAAADZY/jGl2aRkomIY/s1600/bib5.tif

http://flashstrap.blogspot.fr/2014/07/flash-strap-presents-bibliotheque_28.html
    http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/19954638/file.html