Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthoranimomarc
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2020

De jolies perles de synthétiseurs venues de passé à fouiner dans la joie gratuitement :

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a2094538665_10.jpg

https://bedroomcassettemasters.bandcamp.com/album/bedroom-cassette-masters-1980-89-volume-x

"Sounds like vintage electronica, looks like vintage electronica..."

Ten years ago I began to upload the musical archive I had produced during my teenage years in the 1980’s… A time when electronic music - which only a decade before had been thought of as difficult, abstract and unbeautiful - had become an essential and ubiquitous element of western popular culture. Electronic behemoths once prodded and poked only by serious electrical engineers were now tamed and scaled to a more manageable size - gadgets that could be cajoled into producing music, noise and rhythms that would soon soundtrack an entire generation.

Through on-line forums and feedback from my uploads I was delighted to discover so many other teenage dreamers who were happy to allow their work to be showcased on what became known as the Bedroom Cassette Masters series. Volume One was published on-line in December 2012 and over the next five years I curated a further eight compilations, eventually allowing work from contemporary artists who were diligently adhering to 1980’s workflows alongside the authentic, true-vintage finds.

Producing the pdf guidebook that came with each volume became a huge undertaking: interviews with artists, features on hardware, sifting through thousands of pages of artefacts from the time when all this electronica was bursting forth. Flattering emails, laudatory reviews and amazing support and energy from creative friends gave me the energy to keep on going.

Life eventually got in the way, but today - in 2020 - the strange times we find ourselves living through have given me the time to finally pull everything together once more before I devote my time and energies to other ventures. The BCM series will remain online for posterity as an entertainment, as a resource and as a testament to the many artists who created all manner of electronic music - both beautiful and ugly - in their bedrooms so long ago.

:pin02.gif: