Proposer une release

🍍 Ananas It !En savoir plus

Une discussion au hasard !

TV Incongrue

Zap! | Plein écran

Pinacothèque

Alternatives

Voir la galerie de la discussion

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bienvenue sur le forum des musiques incongrues

Ce que vous allez trouver ici :

Cerise sur le gâteau, vous pouvez très facilement apporter votre contribution à tout ça. Pour ce faire, le mieux est encore de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire :)

Enfin, vous pouvez nous contacter directement à l'adresse email : contact (CHEZ) musiques-incongrues (POINT) net

•  
      CommentAuthorGumbi
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013

Voici le Words On Tracks de la semaine, et il a pour invité OHRWERT !! Bonne écoute à tous!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943276_176898425811126_1876889664_n.jpg

http://incongru.org/~gumbi/WordsOnTracks/WordsOnTracks_19/Words%20On%20Tracks%20OHRWERT.mp3

VOICI SON TEXTE :

"Foreword
    I need to mention that I grew up in the Netherlands in the 1990s so I've listened to hardcore-related styles most of my adolescent years. I strayed from 4/4 rhythms in the early 2000s and played a lot of breakcore and IDM which led to an influx of new music in my collection. This is the moment in time where this set starts and takes you on a musical journey similar to the one I took between 2003 and 2006 which has been fundamental for the music I produce today.

Venetian Snares - Yor
    Find Candace (Hymen Records)

I used this track to open my breakcore sets and now I'm using it again to open this set. Its surreal atmosphere sparked my interest in soundscapes and deeper music, this interest has proven to be crucial in my musical development.

Vromb - Perimetre 5. Cercle
    Épisodes (Ant-Zen)

Vromb's work has given me insight in how to layer strong rhythmic structures with intricate soundscapes, a production skill which turned out to be dominant in dubtechno. This particular track was released on a 5" vinyl as part of the CD album "Épisodes", it still is the only 5" vinyl I ever came across and inspired me to collect obscure vinyl releases like shaped, coloured, and foldable records (soundsheets).

Vromb - Variation
    Emission Pilote (Hymen Records)

More Vromb, just "Cercle" doesn't do him and his influence on my music justice.

Mokira - Untitled
    Album (Type Records)

By far the most influential record in my life and the all-time number one album for me. I recorded the vinyl to my computer and played the album on repeat all night.

Klaus Schulze - Crystal Lake (Excerpt)
    Mirage (Ariola)

When you get into synthesizers, you will most likely listen to Klaus Schulze's music at some point. I think this was the first record I heard from him and his sequences and leads sounds made a profound impression on me and inspired me to make Berlin-school myself and buy even more synthesizers and effects, the analog kind in particular. The original track lasts for about thirty minutes so I had to cut it.

Fennesz - Happy Audio
    Endless Summer (Mego)

Noise has been a part of my life since my breakcore days but Fennesz' combination with ambient took it to another level. A sound so harsh and fragile at the same time, a sonic symbiosis I never thought was possible until I heard this.

Noto - 14
    Sonar Endless Loop Edition 3 (Raster-Noton)

Noto AKA Carsten Nicolai also utilises noise, but in a more scientific manner. A manner which inspired me to dive in the world of clicks & cuts with its strive for perfection in both audio and visual aesthetics.

Alva Noto - m 07
    Transform (Mille Plateaux)

A perfect example of the aforementioned strive for perfect aesthetics. The noise pulses, the clicks, the sinewaves, they all have their place in a well-thought-out grid. Nothing has been left to coincidence.

SND - Trk 10 Early Cd
    Stdio (Mille Plateaux)

More clicks & cuts, similar in composition but sonically different. The chords make it feel a lot wamer, even though it's a rather sparse palette of frequency modulated synthesizer tones.

SND - Track 12.4
    Stdio (Mille Plateaux)

Another track from "Stdio". It's the groove that gets me every time, especially in the second half with its filtered chord. Even though it has a minimum amount of sounds, SND manages to push out the maximum amount of groove.

Tilman Ehrhorn - Soure Report/At Source
    Heading For The Open Spaces (Resopal Schallware)

This man takes it even further in terms of warmth. He uses much more instruments than SND but blends them seamlessly into a blanket of sounds.

Tilman Ehrhorn - All Bonus Spheres
    Heading For The Open Spaces (Resopal Schallware)

I feel this is part of Source Report/At Source as an outro, taking you into the realms of ambient dub.

Pole - Raum 1 Variation (Burnt Friedman)
    R (~Scape)

Clicks, cuts, chords and basses. All the ingredients combined in a typical ~Scape fashion. I wish they would still release as they balanced perfectly between dub and clicks.

Rod Modell - Beach
    Kettle Point EP (Echocord)

I heard this track for the first time on Modell's album "Vibrasound (The Deepchord Years 1999-2004)", released on Silentes. To me it felt like soothing rhythmic ambient in a way I never heard before. Needless to say, it still inspires me today.

Maurizio - Untitled
    M-4.5 (Maurizio)

This has to be an influence for everyone who is involved in dubtechno, it's the blueprint of the genre and therefor mandatory in this selection.

All tracks recorded from vinyl at Infraklang, May 2013."

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ohrwert

https://soundcloud.com/ohrwert

•  
      CommentAuthormbertier
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013

WOOT!